Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chains Being Broken...

WHEW! 3 more weeks until we come home and we are definitely in the press to finish strong. Though as we press, God has been incredibly faithful to give us all we need to fulfill His will for our time here. Although Panera has not been dropped at my door yet :) 

This last week has definitely been a busy one. Brandon had his usual workshops, multiple cell groups and 2 weekend services. The man is seriously a preaching machine and he has had to totally rely on God for a new word and new revelation everyday to share. It's harder for me to make it to some of the services because they often overlap with Brooklyn's bed/nap times. Glory to God for just taking the driver's seat and ministering to our hearts everyday what HE wants to talk about. He is so faithful!

I had 2 women's meetings last week. Approaching them I would have to admit I was in so much fear about what to say. What could I possibly say to bring these women hope while they are so oppressed, abused, hopeless, and sad. And seriously, I would be too if I were in their shoes... Home all day with 6 kids, pain and infection from delivering them with no doctor, hardly any food, a husband that could care less of my existence, and a culture who sees only a man as important.  I would not have a smile on my face either. I cried out to God, "What can I say? What can I do? HELP!"

Well the answer was quite simple in the end. The reality was there WAS NOT anything I could say or do. Only God's love and the power that comes from it could bring hope to these beautiful faces. God told me that they were also His masterpieces and He chose them and loved them for the good plans He had for them too. (Eph. 2:10) 

God led me to teach them that they are important to Him and His plan for them at home is extremely significant. He has called them to this honorable role of being a strong woman of God by honoring their husbands with God's love, raising their children in the Word and blessing their families with grace and joy. You should have seen their shoulders start to sit high as they began to understand how important their jobs were to God. Their role is so important that God is their boss; no one else. And who better to have as your boss than your heavenly father--the most loving and understanding person on the planet. 

I had the time to give them practical ways the Word says to be a woman of God, a loving wife and a mom. I, of course, shared many of my own funny stories of attempting to be "Superwomen" and failing miserably without God's help. So we ended the meeting knowing that ONLY God's love could make us the women of God He has called us to be. The pastor and I prayed for every woman at the end--that God's love would be POURED OUT in their lives. I know it did that afternoon. I could feel the chains of hopelessness being broken and I could tangibly feel His love refreshing them and empowering them to be who He created them to be. 

So many smiles surrounded me as I left that day. I had a smile myself knowing that every day I had a fairy tale love waiting to wrap His arms around me and give me all I needed. Glory to God! 

7 comments:

mommak said...

Missy... that is so sweet and so totally like our Father - just to show us His love. OOOHHH!!! It is SO exciting all that God is doing through the two of you!
I love your new pictures on Facebook!! Connor said "That's my Brooklyn!!" He was so excited to see him! :)
We're praying for you guys to have the strength and the words to say to finish this race STRONG and with everything that God has for them through you... give it ALL to them! :)
Love you!

christine said...

Oh my GOSH im crying...This is so amazing!Ive felt for other countries before but not like this.
THANK you for these blogs, they are so eye opening and real...
What you guys are doing over there is a FOREVER impact on US as well as the people of Indonisia.
We are praying for four....

Kristin said...

This ministered to ME, Missy! Thank you for GUSHING His love! :-)

suddenfire said...

wow...i am the only guy making a comment, Come on there guys step up and comment (sorry just a little rant) hehehe!

I love hearing what is going on cause it always ministers to me!

Gwen said...

Chains being broken. You and Brandon are so amazing!!! Thank you for being obedient and answering the call of God in the islands!

Sunday said...

Isn't it amazing how we'll worry and get stressed trying to "come up" with the best word; but the Holy Spirit always has a way of bringin' it home. How wonderful that you were able to share the Fathers love with those women, I believe after being ministered to by you and experiencing Gods love through you - they will have hope! It won't be long now :) Love you guys!

Tace and Carmen said...

Brandon & Missy ~
I was just thinking of you (more)and praying for you all. It blesses my heart to know that you have been faithful to God's call for this assignment. That you have echoed the personal invite to HIS precious people; introduced them to HIM - - their "everlasting"
Hope; strong Deliverer; THE Advocate; Defender Who will NOT grow weary or sleep - - on their behalf!! You've brought each one SUPERNATURAL gifts that will continue to keep giving far beyond the time sacrificed as you've sown into this nation (the ripple effect that is and will continue - precious; priceless; eternal)! May you continue to travel w/the safety of HIS covering. Psalm 91 LOVE! ~ C [hugs]
ok - back to housecleaning